PACENation is the national trade association that advocates for commercial and residential Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE), alongside state and local governments, PACE lenders, PACE administrators, community organizations, and many others. Our members may have different individual goals, but they share our desire to upgrade all of America’s buildings, and to do so in a way that is good for people, good for business, and good for communities.
The CEO directs and supervises all administrative, financial, programmatic, and general management activities of PACENation. This work is executed under the direction of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee in order to achieve the organization’s mission and vision.
In coordination with the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and membership, PACENation’s CEO will develop and execute a strategic plan to facilitate the organization’s continued growth as we work collaboratively to strengthen and expand the PACE marketplace.
- Lead a highly visible and dynamic organization that includes a large board of directors and diverse membership community;
- Serve as the chief spokesperson and advocate for the entire PACE community, which includes state and local governments, PACE lenders, PACE administrators, faith-based and environmental organizations, property owners and small businesses;
- Oversee a 6-7 person staff and guide employees to carry out PACENation’s mission and vision;
- Attract and retain new PACENation members from the public, private and non-profit sectors to support the organization’s continued financial growth;
- Uphold PACENation’s commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive PACE marketplace;
- Ensure that all Board actions are carried out by the staff including the adherence to all Board approved policies and procedures;
- Maintain and serve as the custodian of all books, documents and papers of PACENation;
- Ensure highest ethical standards are maintained and compliance with applicable laws, best practices and policies; and,
- Perform related duties as required by the Board.
This is a remote position. Periodic travel is required, potentially as often as five business days per month.
The CEO reports weekly on PACENation’s activities and budget to PACENation’s Board Chair, monthly to PACENation’s Executive Committee, and at least twice annually to the Board of Directors.
- At least 15 years of experience and demonstrated leadership in public policy, government relations, operations and administration, communications, legislative and regulatory advocacy, or trade association/coalition management;
- Ability to work collaboratively, resolve conflicts, and build consensus;
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Familiarity with climate finance, energy policy, and ESG preferred;
- BA or BS degree strongly preferred.
Salary or Salary Range
The salary range for this position is $210,000-$225,000. To demonstrate our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, PACENation posts salary ranges on all of its job descriptions.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
PACENation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and in the broader PACE community. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including multilingual and multicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Search Committee at email@example.com and include “CEO” in the subject line. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential.