PACENation is the national nonprofit association that works alongside policymakers and community stakeholders to strengthen and expand access to assessment-based financing for energy efficiency, clean energy, clean drinking water, and resilience against natural disasters. Our 200+ membership community includes state and local governments, environmental and faith-based organizations, energy efficiency and climate policy experts, small businesses, PACE administrators and PACE lenders.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
PACENation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and in the broader PACE community. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including multilingual and multicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
PACENation seeks a talented Communications & Membership Associate to support the PACE community and to lead communications initiatives that strengthen and expand the PACE marketplace. Approximately 80% of the Associate’s time will be dedicated to communications initiatives in coordination with PACENation members and 20% will be dedicated to onboarding new members or assisting members with membership renewal. PACENation does not currently have a physical office location. This is a remote position.
The Communications & Membership Associate is a new position that reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Development and execution of communications plans for both the commercial and residential sectors, in collaboration with PACENation’s executive leadership, its board of directors and stakeholders;
- Development (including design and content) and dissemination of written communications, including press releases, a monthly newsletter, social media posts and occasional announcements;
- Management of PACENation’s digital marketing campaigns including email and social media and amplification of blog posts;
- Ownership of relationships with marketing and communication vendors including management of budget and timely execution of deliverables;
- Development and maintenance of media list;
- Coordination of collateral development, including invitations, advertising and program materials;
- Management of all aspects of PACENation’s website including:
- Working with outside vendor to maintain and modify website consistent with organization brand;
- Ensuring the quality of design and content of website including research and creation of new website content;
- Envisioning and implementing strategies that increase site traffic;
- Creating strategies that convert site visitors into members;
- Monitoring and reporting on website traffic;
- Ongoing coordination with communications staff at PACENation member organizations;
- Management of PACENation’s online workshops and webinars for members;
- Management of membership database and inquiries from prospective members.
- At least 3 years of experience in communications, public relations, journalism, or campaign management. On the record experience a plus;
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint. Word, and Excel;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work collaboratively and build consensus;
- BA or BS degree strongly preferred;
- Experience using email newsletter software (i.e. Mailchimp);
- Familiarity with CRM/membership systems (i.e. NeonCRM);
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, including inDesign, Photoshop and Premiere;
- Experience in video production and editing;
- Experience with Zoom webinars, Google Suite, Airtable and other software;
Salary Range and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000. PACENation offers a range of competitive benefits that includes:
- Generous PTO
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
To demonstrate our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, PACENation will post salary ranges on all of our job descriptions. The practice of not posting salaries perpetuates the gender wage gap and discriminates against people of color by causing individuals to negotiate from a disadvantaged starting point.
To apply for this position, or for additional information on the opportunity, please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Mary Luevano at email@example.com and include Communications & Membership Associate in the subject line. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and be kept strictly confidential.